Werosys introduces a digital print module, to be fully integrated in the Werosys Compact converting line.
The Werosys Compact Digital Print Module offers high speed and high quality printing and converting in one job operation, as well as fast job changes. All web handling is controlled from the central PLC/HMI in the converting line, resulting in superior print quality and web handling.
Compared to add-on printing solutions, a fully integrated solution eliminates issues with missing labels or poor print quality during print engine cleaning cycles caused by inability to re-register the print. Complete synchronization between printing, semi-rotary die cut and slitting optimizes end product quality and removes problems during forward and backward motion – as well as acceleration and de-acceleration of the web.
Werosys Digital Print Module is able to run both cost efficient water-based ink print engines, e.g. TrojanThree; and high speed UV based ink print engines, e.g. HAPA print engine based on Konica Minolta technology.
The digital print module can be installed on existing Werosys lines in the field, or combined with any of the Werosys Compact modules, now or in the future, to fit our customers’ changing needs. The Werosys Compact modules now include:
- Unwind module: servo-driven, Ø680 mm rolls, build in web-guide, splice table and optional lamination station.
- Digital print module: supplied with different digital print technology to provide an easy upgrade path and future-proof investment of digital label production line.
- Flexo print-varnish module: dual servo-driven flexo print-varnish station with full digital control, optional semi-rotary flexo print, optional dual servo cold-foil, GEW/IST UV curing.
- Semi and full rotary die cut module: up to 65 m/min semi rotary – 200 m/min full rotary, with high speed no-contact waste stripping.
- Laser die cut module: enabling fast and format-free job changes using barcode integration, powerful low noise smoke extraction, high cutting quality with small spot size.
- Rewind module: with slitting and dual servo rewind spindles.
- Turret module: fully integrated in your Werosys converting line.